BACKGROUND

Monday, September 28, 2009

Boo

Welp... I have now learned not to ask "What could happen next?" when bad things are happening because well... things just keep happening. I went into work this morning and the owner called me around noon to inform me that she san longer keep our store open. She is closing my location. She has 2 other locations that she is keeping open closer to where she lives. As she is telling me all this I am thinking that it will probably be sometime around the end of the year. Nope, October 31st is the last day the store will be open. I am so shocked. I have worked there for over 2 years and have been the manager for a year. Now I have to find a new job. I have no idea what I am going to do. I have definitely learned to not ask that question, or you will get an answer that you don't really want. All I really have to say about it is that with all the bad things that have been going on, there will hopefully be something good coming...right?

7 comments:

Tawnya said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??? I am so sorry Kate! I love you!

Jed said...

!Lo siento! What can we do? I would say that I could open up my own dress shop, but that requires knowledge about dresses, fashion and of course the one thing that I really don't have, money. I am sorry. Tawnya and I will be praying for you in hopes that you can find a new job.

-kim said...

right...

you rock sister.

Nikki Heape said...

girl I tell myself that everyday. I wish you luck finding a new job that really sucks that she gave you such short notice.

Rachel said...

BLOODY WOMAN!
That is not cool! You will find something, you have great qualifications! If not right away, at least you'll have time to hang more! he he..selfish, I know.
um, congrats on blogging more, this is the first time I have visited but I love it. and I am jealous still about the concert.
OH, and good things always come next.

Cory said...

Move to Colorado! There are jobs here. Tons of them. Heaps. I'm sure of it.

Jaime And Kalen said...

man, that does really stink! So sorry. I guess it is a good opportunity to find something else, but I wouldn't look at it like that either! Good luck!