BACKGROUND

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Two blogs in the same month! That's an improvement.

It has been a whirlwind of a couple weeks. Jonathan and I have been busy, then you throw in a last minute trip to Utah for a funeral and a concert and things can seem crazier than they are. My Grandfather passed away a couple weeks ago and thanks to my totally awesome brother in law, I was able to fly on buddy passes to Salt Lake so that I could go to the funeral. Poor Jonathan did have to drive me to Chicago so that I could fly out with Kim and the kids, but I was able to fly home through Cedar Rapids, which is only about 20 minutes from the house. Minus the fact that we were there for a funeral, it was still really nice to spend time with family and maybe have some Cafe Rio... So this was last weekend and this past weekend Jonathan and I went to Des Moines for the Dave Matthews concert!!! It was my birthday present and just as amazing as I hoped. We stayed in the really neat hotel that happened to be only a 15 minute walk to the venue, so it was nice to be able to walk and not have to worry about parking. This is my 3rd time seeing Dave and it never gets old and they are always amazing. I think that he is the one famous person that I would really LOVE to meet. It was extra cool because Tim Reynolds was there and he just rocks it! I think my dream one day is to have front row seats. It is the one thing I really want. (That was for you Jess) Anyway, here are some pics from the concert and my weekend in Salt Lake.



This was right after the funeral. The had to jump the hearse!!! I just missed the money shot! Only at Grandpa's funeral would we have to jump the hearse. It was kinda funny.




We stopped at the Gateway briefly and Blythe had to carry the bag. She really is my kinda girl! Loves to shop!




She also had fun in my heels. A girl has to own a pair of red heels.




She also had to carry around both of her bags at the same time. So much like her Aunt Kate. Sorry Kim! Good luck with that, I hope that she isn't too much like me!




This was before it started. We had decent seats. Obviously the ground seats were closer, but it wasn't worth it to me to have to get there 5 hours early to get in line, so that I could be in the front. Plus having no option to sit. We opted for the seats instead.




I think that the opening band was about to go on here...




Waiting for Dave to come on... No I am not patient!



And there they are...is this heaven? No, this is Iowa!!!!! But it sure felt close.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

I love you!

Joe'n'Jess said...

wow, those pictures are just the one thing that i really needed to look at today. jk, love the shoutout via inside joke.