BACKGROUND

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wow...shameful...

So I am officially one of those people that I hate that never updates their blog. Sorry for the few of you that actually check my blog. I can't seem to sleep tonight, so I thought that I should make good use of my time and post.
This has been a crazy summer to say the least.
-Jonathan taught for 2 weeks at a summer camp
-Went to a Single A baseball game
-Went to Chicago
-Turned 25!
-Went to Des Moines for awesome cheesecake and birthday shopping!
-Went to Nauvoo (went to the temple and the pageant)
-My parents came to visit
-Jonathan's grandfather passed away and he went to the funeral
-Lots of BBQs
-Good Iowa corn
-Lots of swimming
-Lots of work :(
-Played lots of Guitar Hero
-Chopped my hair off

That was our summer in a nut shell. I'm kinda glad that it is over and that Jonathan is starting his last year of school. Crazy. Also that the weather will start getting colder. I really want to start wearing my sweaters and coats!
Here are some pictures from Nauvoo and an epic-ly awesome girls night rock band party!


My Mom and I with our toes in the Mississippi



Dad, Jonathan, and I in Nauvoo at the Mississippi



The Beautiful Nauvoo Temple taken from the Trail of Hope



Jonathan and I outside the Temple



Mom and Dad outside the temple.

I figure that since my Mom and Dad NEVER update their blog that I could post these pictures for them, so you can somewhat know what they have going on. Love you Mom and Dad!!!

We also had a wicked awesome girls night complete with Rock Band, girl talk, and carmel popcorn! Here are some pics...



Jessica and Crystal rocking it out on the guitar and bass



Angela killing the drums!



Tawnya doing the chicken dance whilst singing



Brittany rocking out to the "Eye of the Tiger"

These girls were all rockstars! Great night!

So I really do hope to be more current with my blog...and now since it is almost 1:00 and I have to work tomorrow/today, I really should get some sleep!

8 comments:

-kim said...

#1 cute new background
#2 is that the arrested development chicken dance....i hope so..

Tawnya said...

Yay!! You blogged!! I love you! And nice pics of girls night!

www.jsayreallen.com said...

Nicely done! So sorry you didn't sleep last night... Sad. Miss you and I can't wait to see you tonight!

Katielin317 said...

Whoo hoo!! We love updated blogs! :) Love you girl! Sounds like you guys have had an awesome summer! hmmm...I wonder how far Iowa is from Little Rock...

Nikki Heape said...

Cool sounds like you had an eventful Summer!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

That was one of the best nights I had in Iowa thanks for letting me come over. I miss you guys so much. DId you cut your hair shorter than it was? I want to see it.

Jaime And Kalen said...

I'm glad that you updated, I have been checking! Oh, and I totally love guitar hero!

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Yay for summer. I hope it would stay forever. I love the "rockin" pictures!