BACKGROUND

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Soup

My extremely talented friend in the ward has this amazing soup recipe, and since I have been raving about it to many, I decided that I should share the amazingness that it is. Props to Nicole and Heidi for this one. Mostly my Mom and Sister have asked about it and I want everyone to enjoy it!

Baked Potato Soup


2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
7 cups milk
4 Green onion, chopped
12 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
6 potatoes, cooked, peeled, and cubed
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz of Sour cream
3/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper


In a large pot, melt butter, stir in flour; heat and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; stir cheese until melted.


Tips: Don't skimp and use low fat or fat free anything, except for milk. I think I used 1%...and DON'T USE turkey bacon. It's just not the same. 



5 comments:

-kim said...

well, well, someone has been a busy bee...two posts in one day? nicely done...

-the sister

Angela Dougherty said...

YES!! I love this soup!!!

P.S. I miss you like crazy!! Can we please watch Harry Potter as soon as we get home? Because I'm pretty sure I'm going to die if I wait much longer. Also, I really miss you.

Grammie, Jichan, & Allye said...

Sounds amazing...I think I'll fix it for Sunday.

Dad

Zack said...

Recipe sounds tasty ... going to try it out soon for sure. Best of luck finding a job ... love you kiddo!

Zack -- the [favorite] cousin :D

Jaime And Kalen said...

Makes me hungry just reading the recipe. There is nothing better than warm soup on a colder winter day! Such comfort food