BACKGROUND

Friday, December 11, 2009

I          absolutely         h e a r t           the           holidays!


From Thanksgiving to New Years Day, is my favorite time of year!


People are just generally excited and happy. I  l o v e  giving gifts and just spending time with friends and family. Jonathan and I made a really tough decision this year, we are staying in Iowa for  C h r i s t m a s. With me not having a job and it being expensive to drive and Jonathan has a recital to get ready for in  J a n u a r y.  It was hard, but we know that it is the best. We are going to seriously miss spending the Holidays with family, but we do have some great friends that are also going to be around for C h r i s t m a s, so at least we won't be alone. 


So Jonathan and I decided that we wanted to get going on some new traditions this year for our little family. We are going to buy a new ornament each year that symbolizes where we are and what we are doing. We are adopting my family's tradition of making Gyoza from scratch on  C h r i s t m a s  E v e.  From Jonathan's family we are doing the marathon day of baking and taking awesome variety plates of deliciousness to people. 


I also decided that we needed to get new stockings. Jonathan and I both have the ones that we had when we were kids and I thought that it was time for us to have matching ones. I never found anything that I really liked so I decided to make them.


They turned out so awesome! I didn't even use a pattern! They took me a while with all the stitching, but they were worth it! By making them too, when we have kids I can make them little ones that match. I am excited. Here are some pics. I know that pride is a sin, but I am super proud of them!










10 comments:

www.jsayreallen.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katielin317 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those stockings!! did you HANDSTItCH the whole thing?? Amazing!! I made all of ours last year and I REALLY don't like them all that much...hmmm.....

Angela Dougherty said...

I LOVE your stockings! I'm super impressed.

~Kate said...

@ Katie - I used a sewing machine to put all the pieces together, but I did so all the other stuff by hand. Very time consuming, but worth it. I like the way the hand stitching looks.

Nikki Heape said...

The stockings are adorable. You are so creative. I love it!

www.jsayreallen.com said...

That is one handsome trombonist in the nativity!

PS - this is biblically accurate according to the Prophet Joseph Smith. For those that are not familiar with this, every time it says "trumpets of God" in the bible, the German translation states: "Posaunen dem Gott", or Trombones of God. Joseph Smith often called the German translation the most accurate translation available. Thus, trombones are in heaven and not trumpets.

The End

Jocelyn said...

Awesome stockings! I miss you too Kate!!! Have a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for the comments that you leave on my blog. I miss you .....did I already say that. LOL!

Tawnya said...

They are so cute!!!!!!

Joe'n'Jess said...

I am super de duper (what?) excited to be spending the holidays with you guys. i promise we'll make it all worth while. mostly you guys make it more worth while for us, so we'll do our best to return the favor.