BACKGROUND

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Prom Season

I officially hate prom season and can't wait for it to be over. I have had enough of the whiney prom girls that think their prom is going to be the most important day of their lives and the moms that want to barter with 500 dollar dresses!!! We are not Mexico, we don't barter! Not to mention that least week was Spring Break out here and a lot of employees were gone so I worked 9 days straight had a day off and then worked 8 days straight. Yuck! At least the paycheck will be be nice. Also, I am not sure when prom dresses became so scandalous. The worst part of it is the moms that are encouraging their daughters to dress like this, and telling me that they want to order a smaller size because their daughter is going to lose weight. Pressure much? Why are these moms teaching their daughters at such a young age that you need to be skinny to succeed. Enough of my ranting though. I though that I would share some pictures of some popular styles this year and you can get a glimpse into my little prom world.



First we have some serious slits...




Then on to the open backs...




and then the open sides that go down way too far...




This one was our best seller this year...not as bad as the rest



All in all, I have to say Yikes!!! I did get a break from it all by going to Chicago to help Kim and Chris move in. It was a nice break from work and a lot of fun to see them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parents are encouraging this? YUCK!!!!! I can't say i am the best mom or anything but my foot would be down faster than a step in the door. I am glad you like your job though.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
www.jsayreallen.com said...

These dresses inspire comments like, "off like a prom dress"......anyways......